At John Bunyan Primary School and Nursery we want all children to achieve their full potential in the academic, artistic, social, spiritual and emotional aspects of their lives. We have created and implemented an enquiry based curriculum with a focus of skills progression and creativity.
Our aims are that:
- all children are actively involved in their learning and will be exposed to a comprehensive range of cross curricular knowledge.
- all children become happy, confident and independent learners.
- all children are equipped with the skills needed to make a successful transition to the next stage in their lives.
Our curriculum supports these aims by:
- offering an exciting education, which challenges all children and provides new experiences, through enquiry based learning.
- establishing a high quality and creative approach to learning and teaching where all children make good progress, achieve success and enjoy learning.
- having a welcoming and stimulating school environment that enables active learning.
- providing children with learning opportunities in different environments and instilling an appreciation that learning is a lifelong journey that transcends the classroom.
- ensuring that learners are treated individually, taking account of their varied life experiences, preferred learning styles and differing needs.
- forming strong and effective relationships with our families and the wider community to teach children to be resilient and ambitious and to have strong values to achieve excellence in preparation for their next steps in their learning journey.
Our curriculum is based upon a themed approach so that our children experience three cross-curricular topics over the academic year. This ensures that they engage in meaningful and exciting activities, which are fully mapped to cover the National Curriculum requirements. If you would like to find out more information about our school curriculum please see our Curriculum Maps for each year group.