Information about pupils in John Bunyan Primary School & Nursery
General Data Protection Regulation 2018: How we use pupil information
We collect and hold personal information relating to our pupils and may also receive information about them from their previous school, local authority and/or the Department for Education (DfE). We are required to share information about our pupils with our Local authority and Department for Education under section 3 of the Education (Information About Individual pupils)(England) Regulations 2013.
We use this personal data to:
- support our pupils’ learning
- monitor and report on their progress
- provide appropriate pastoral care; and
- assess the quality of our services
- comply with the law regarding data sharing
The categories of pupil information that we collect, hold and share include:
- Personal information (such as name, unique pupil number and address)
- characteristics (such as their ethnic group, language, nationalty, country of birth, free school meal eligibility, special educational neeeds information, exclusions as well as relevant medical information)
- Attendance information (such as sessions attended, number of absences and absence reasons)
- We will not give information about our pupils to anyone without your consent unless the law and our policies allow us to do so. If you want to receive a copy of the information about your son/daughter that we hold, please contact the office manager.
Decisions on whether DfE releases this personal data to third parties are subject to a robust approval process and are based on a detailed assessment of who is requesting the data, the purpose for which it is required, the level and sensitivity of data requested and the arrangements in place to store and handle the data. To be granted access to pupil level data, requestors must comply with strict terms and conditions covering the confidentiality and handling of data, security arrangements and retention and use of the data.
For more information on how this sharing process works, please visit: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/national-pupil-database-apply-for-a-data-extract
For information on which third party organisations (and for which project) pupil level data has been provided to, please visit:https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/national-pupil-database-requests-received
If you need more information about how our local authority and/or DfE collect and use your information, please visit:
- Essex Local Authority website
- the DfE website at https://www.gov.uk/data-protection-how-we-collect-and-share-research-data
|Data Protection Officer (DPO)||Mr David Huxter|